Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Days of Rest & Apple Pie




Well.. the huge 17 people dinner is over... whew!


I've been in bed for the last two days--resting, trying to recharge. It's a slow process. The picture I took (posted above) is from these really cute salt and pepper shakers I picked up a few days before the party. Too cute, huh?
I haven't had that many people in my house for a long time. Ever since I've been sick (I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain), I've really tried to stay away from doing huge events like that. But, I miss my family and so it was worth it to me to give it a try. I always love seeing everyone, but really I love how much having guests over can motivate me into change! I love how clean my house is. My husband moved all the furniture around and hung pictures. I feel like we made a huge amount of progress last week and now the little bit I can do each day, on a normal basis, will mean that much more. We still have all the stuff that was causing the clutter, it's just all in one area (the garage) instead of scattered all over the house. So, (little) bit by bit, (small) box by box we will go through the clutter and toss it, give it away or sell it on eBay!

Since there were so many people on Sunday, and since my condition tends to get worse with too much activity, each guest decided to bring a main dish to the party. We had so much food, I felt really blessed! Plus, I haven't had to cook all week which is really helping my stay-in-bed-cause! My husband did BBQ all the meat and I did make a pot of Minestrone soup and an Apple Pie. Everyone loved the Apple Pie, so I thought I'd share the recipe here...

Sage's Deep Dish Apple Pie
6 organic Apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
3/4 cups of Sugar
2 tablespoons of un-bleached Flour
3/4 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
1 box refrigerated Pie Crust

You'll need to take the pie crust out of the fridge and let it soften (I took it out about an hour before). Wash, peel and thinly slice all the apples. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Follow the directions for placing the pie crust in the pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. Let it cool for about 2 hours and enjoy!

Have a Wonderful Day!



2 comments:

Hibiscus Moon said...

Sounds like it was absolutely wonderful. So glad you had a good time. That salt n' pepper set is so cute. Sorry that you're not feeling well right now, but glad you got to see your family. :)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't too well at the moment. I suffer from the same thing myself, so I fully sympathise with you.
It looks like you had a great time though!
I'm Wiccan, and have been longing to have a good chat with you for a while now!
Many Blessings!