Friday, August 21, 2009

The Creative Muse and Online Selling...


I'm having so much fun putting together new items for my little Etsy Boutique!

I thought I'd take a little break and and post the latest product as well as a few updates...

I've been selling on eBay for a long time. At one point I was basically selling anything I could get my hands on - Bath & Body Products, Baby Clothes, Old Books & Movies. Then I started selling other people's stuff - jewelry, purses, clothes (one time I had someone bring me a pair of old fluffy bunny slippers.. used - can you say, 'ewwww, gross!')

Well, a few months ago I decided that I didn't want to do that any more. I didn't want to be at a perpetual online garage sale anymore. So, slowly I've been listing the last little bits of my former inventory as well as allowing some old listings to stay up until they sell.. but usually I've just been pulling all the old 'stuff' and donating it to places like the local library and woman's shelter. I feel good knowing that some of the things I had here will benefit someone else, or bring enjoyment to someone else... at no cost to them! My family is not in a place financially right now where we can donate money, but we can donate items.. and so that's what we've been doing, as often as well can... and it feels really good!

Not selling my old items, or even someone else's old items, has given me the free-time I desperately needed to start being creative again. One of my favorite parts of being a witch is all the stuff! All the tools and treasures, all the herbs and gemstones, all the oils and incense and all the... s p e l l s!

I love the stuff of Witchcraft.. although it is not necessary in the least, it is by far, my most favorite part.. and I've been having a wonderful time brewing and blending and.... bewitching these past few weeks. I've been really using the vibrant, radiant energy of Summer to be the creative person I love to be.. I feel a bit sad that soon it will be coming to an end (...but we've got a ritual all planned out for that and we're not going to dwell on the future right now... we're going to stay in the present!)

I love to find creative ways to present items in a aesthetically pleasing, and yet, still useful way... I love making magick pretty, when so many times it's not. I was never a real girly-girl, but I find that I am, at least when it comes to practicing magick. Sometimes I do use darker colors, but I still find most of my creations to be very lady like. My favorite design today has been these little Magick Herb 1oz. Spell Sacks - Just a little 'ol ounce of herbs, but dressed up in a bit of cute packaging to make you excited to use them when they show up at your door (well, you do have to place an order for them first..)

Speaking of orders... I got all my orders shipped out today! I had about 20 or so that needed to go out before noon. It took most of the morning, but I packed 'em all up and got them out in time to meet the Postman.. or I thought I was going to see the Postman, but when I went outside I found this instead....



Looks like Austin thinks the outgoing-mailbox is really a Kitty Bed.. He's so cute, I really don't care where he sits (which is probably a good attitude to have since he is always very curios
about something!)

Until Next Time...



5 comments:

MarZel said...

I really packaging! You know, if we are selling our magic...well, packaging is very important!! Cool Post!

mermaiden said...

you are spot-on; all the "stuff" is a wonderfully fulfilling part of witchcraft for me, too! opening a cupboard jammed full of jumbled jars of herbs and oils, sticks and skins, shells and bones- OH MY. I'm getting dizzy :D

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Hi sweets, please come pick up your blog award when you get a moment from my blog! Wishing you a beautiful day!
Joanna

Sage Moonstone said...

Thank you so much!

Hibiscus Moon said...

Love your kitty sitting in the mail box.