Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Magician


It's been a while since I've purchased a new tarot deck, but I found the Paulina Tarot the other day while gallivanting online and it spoke to be right away (it said, "buy me"... lol)

With all the back-to-school craziness that's been going on here I haven't had a (quiet) chance to sit down and get to know my new deck yet, but today I found myself (in the middle of screaming kids and barking dogs) sitting down with my deck and doing a reading for myself. I did a very small, three card, spread (I didn't really have time, or room for any more) that actually turned into a five card spread with a bit of confirmation from my favorite pendulum (I honestly couldn't believe how clear the answers were coming through from the deck itself, but they were spot on!)

The last card I pulled was the Magician.. She arrived in all her Enchanted Glory to remind me of who and what I am - a Knowledgeable Witch with Friends in the Spirit Realm who are here to help me any time I so ask.

It's easy to forget that, and so today I've taken to placing reminders around myself - to finding a bit of quiet to ground and center myself, to connect once again with my Patron Goddess who shines the Light of Beauty and Grace upon me anytime I wish. Today is a day filled with Spirit for me and with this heat I swear I feel as if I'm in Hades... which is exactly where I want to be! Chatting with the Queen of the Underworld, Persephone, and Her Hand-maiden, Hecate... listening to the words of Ancient Wisdom.

Samhain is coming and it's time for my art to take a turn into the darkness of the macabre world. I have several projects I'm working on that are a bit darker in nature, but honestly all my Witch-crafts tend to come out on the Lighter Side.. Francesca once told me I was very much a Girly Fae and I guess that just comes out with everything I do - be it fashion, art or magic!

Until next time...


10 comments:

greekwitch said...

I can't wait to see your new creations. Have a beautiful day!

mermaiden said...

that deck looks gorgeous! i love amy zerner's enchanted tarot, and the colors and "girly" dreaminess of your reminds me of mine :D

Domestic Witch said...

Feel free to resize the october blog party button love!

Dia said...

What a lovely deck - so beautiful! the Medicine Woman Tarot was the first that I had an instant resonance with, & could easily recall the little phrases that goes with each card!
This one does look magical - it's always such a treat to have a new 'magical tool'
I always enjoy seeing the 'star' card in a deck, as that's 'mine'

bright blessings

Aelwyn said...

Just letting you know I added your button to my Link Exchange widget. :)

Blessings,
Aelwyn
http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com

Aelwyn said...

Just letting you know I put your button in my Link Exchange Widget. :)

Blessings,
Aelwyn
http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com

Aelwyn said...

Just letting you know I put your button in my Link Exchange Widget. :)

Blessings,
Aelwyn
http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com

Alix said...

Greetings from Casa Hice in Jacksonville, Florida. I found you via A Fanciful Twist and noticed you have also signed up for her Halloween Event. This is my first time, so I am utterly clueless. Any tips for a newbie?

LOVE your blog, am pleased to make your acquaintance, and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

PS: Please stop by Casa Hice any time and leave your foot prints on my welcome mat. It's always out!

Tiffany said...

I nominated you for an award, stop by my blog at
http://diaryofanaturalwitch.blogspot.com to pick it up.

-Tiffany

Blue Moon said...

Thank you for sharing such an amazing blog! You have an award waiting for you on my blog...