Monday, November 29, 2010

Increasing Intuition & Another Book Recommendation

I've been spending a lot of time lately trying to strengthen and increase my intuition and psychic abilities. I've also been learning a lot about how to work with instead of against my empathic abilities - it becomes a bit of a challenge sometimes, but with the right tools all of a sudden things have started to fall into place. 

I always have a stack of books somewhere close to me and the other day I was drawn to pick up and start reading Colette Baron-Reid's book Remembering the Future. I love spiritual books when the author talks about their own experiences and how they view things on a personal level. Sometimes, I could swear I'm going crazy and everything in my head is just my really-vivid-over-active-imagination, but when I read what other intuitives are going through, or have gone through, I feel better.. like maybe I'm not crazy. Colette had so many real experiences to share in her book and I really enjoyed reading about her process through the beginnings of her gift and how she came to accept it and herself. I liked the book so much it prompted me to purchase her other book Messages from Spirit as well as her Journey Through the Chakras CD. 

I'm so excited to start working with her Chakra CD since I recently started a daily meditation practice which has opened the door for some really wonderfully magical things to start happening. I think the trick was to do the meditation on a daily basis, not just whenever I remembered - deciding and making the commitment to a daily practice lets the Universe know that you are serious about your desire for expansion and greater awareness.

Another thing I have noticed is that I really need to watch what I eat. I can get away with a few treats here and there, but I cannot have sugar on a daily basis.. it makes my intuition very fuzzy and sometimes (if I've really eaten too much of the stuff) I feel completely disconnected. So now I've started taking a probiotics. You can get probiotics in food (yogurt and keifer are great sources), but you can also purchase specific strains of probiotics that will help with symptoms you're having. Whenever I eat a little too much sugar (especially around the holidays) I always take a daily pack of ThreeLac Probiotics. The bacteria in ThreeLac helps with candida and related symptoms. It's very easy to use, it comes in single serving packs so you can toss them in your purse or travel bag for anytime use. I've heard the best way to take it is to allow the powder to dissolve in a glass for at least a few minutes prior to drinking, but you can pour the powder straight into your mouth and then take a drink after if that's the only way you can get it down (although it's really not that bad to begin with!)

I would love to hear tips & tricks from anyone who has experience in this area... What helps you tune in to your intuition? Have you found food to influence your abilities?

I have lots more to post, but it's getting late... so until next time..

Blessings & Light

No comments: